Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gilroy, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its gardens, festivals, and cafés. A top sight in the city is Gilroy Premium Outlets.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Gilroy
- The closest major airport is in Watsonville, CA (WVI-Watsonville Municipal), 14.1 mi (22.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal), 25.1 mi (40.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gilroy
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Gilroy Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Las Animas Park and Eagle Ridge Golf Club.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Gilroy. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Gilroy - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Best Western Plus Forest Park Inn - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Quality Inn And Suites Gilroy - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Mystery Spot, located 24.5 mi (39.4 km) from the city center, and Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, which is 25.7 mi/41.4 km away.
Getting Around Gilroy
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Gilroy Station. Gilroy might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Gilroy
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 81°F during the day and 42°F at night
- About 15.39 inches of rain falls on Gilroy each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 42°F