History buffs will enjoy exploring Gloucester, and visitors give high marks for the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants, monuments, and art.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in Gloucester
- The closest major airport is in Beverly, MA (BVY-Beverly Municipal), 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lawrence, MA (LWM-Lawrence Municipal), 24.3 mi (39.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gloucester
The city's cultural venues include Sargent House Museum and Cape Ann Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Fishermen's Memorial Monument, Schooner Adventure, and Ten Pound Lighthouse. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Stage Fort Park, Half Moon Beach, and Niles Beach.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Gloucester. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Beauport Hotel Gloucester - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free valet parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Atlantis Oceanfront Inn - This 3-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Getting Around Gloucester
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Gloucester is a breeze. To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Gloucester Station or West Gloucester Station. You can explore your options for water transportation at the local port.
Dressing for Gloucester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 18°F at night
- About 47.40 inches of rain falls on Gloucester each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 18°F