Visitors give high marks for the seaside in Rockport, which is also known for its seafood restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its art.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in Rockport
- The closest major airport is in Beverly, MA (BVY-Beverly Municipal), 15.8 mi (25.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lawrence, MA (LWM-Lawrence Municipal), 25.9 mi (41.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rockport
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Pebble Beach, Long Beach, and Cape Ann. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Shalin Liu Performance Center and Straightsmouth Island Lighthouse.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Rockport. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Beech Tree Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Seven South Street Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Seafarer Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Getting Around Rockport
With so many ways to get around, seeing Rockport is simple. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Rockport Station. You can find out about your options for water transportation at the port.
Dressing for Rockport
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 18°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Rockport is 47.40 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°F