Visiting Governors Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Governors Island has to offer including the waterfront and jazz scene. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic and vibrant setting. Top sights around the area include Battery Park, Ellis Island, and Statue of Liberty.
- There are 3048 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 9.7 mi (15.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Governors Island
Notable city landmarks like Castle Williams and Fort Jay might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add New York Harbor to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation to Governors Island, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 2586 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Collective Governors Island is located in the heart of Governors Island. Guests who stay at this 2-star campground in New York can enjoy access to a restaurant and concierge services, along with a private balcony.
- Hotel Pennsylvania is 0.2 mi (0.3 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in New York can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to the airport.
- DoubleTree by Hilton New York Times Square West is located 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city center. This 4-star hotel in New York features a restaurant, a fitness center, and 2 bars. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Battery Park, 1 mi/1.7 km from the heart of the city, and Ellis Island, which is 1.3 mi (2 km) away.