Visiting Kingston Upon Thames
Travelers to Kingston Upon Thames give high marks for the beautiful gardens, lively bar scene, and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its university setting, shopping, and riverfront. Top sights around the area include Natural History Museum, Buckingham Palace, and Big Ben.
- You'll find 6683 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of London
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kingston Upon Thames
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Thames Markets is a favorite for retail therapy. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Kingston University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are All Saints Church and Richmond Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Kingston Upon Thames. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Queen's Head - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Warren House - Our customers love the clean rooms at this country house. With a stay at this 4-star country house, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The White Hart Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel in Hampton Wick features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Natural History Museum, 7.3 mi/11.8 km from the heart of the city, and Buckingham Palace, which is 8.7 mi (14 km) away.
Getting Around Kingston Upon Thames
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Kingston Upon Thames Norbiton Station, Kingston Station, or Kingston Upon Thames Hampton Wick Station. Kingston Upon Thames might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Kingston Upon Thames
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 23.11 inches of rain falls on Kingston Upon Thames each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are March and February with an average of 36°F