Visitors to Lockport are sure to enjoy the waterfalls. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours and live music. Around the area, top sights include Niagara Falls State Park, American Falls, and Bridal Veil Falls.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Lockport
- The closest major airport is in Niagara Falls, NY (IAG-Niagara Falls Intl.), 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Buffalo, NY (BUF-Buffalo Niagara Intl.), 15.7 mi (25.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lockport
Cultural venues in the city include Niagara County Historical Society, Erie Canal Discovery Center, and Kenan Center. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and these places to visit: Upson Park, Lockport Locks and Erie Canal Tours, and Town of Lockport Nature Trail. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Big Bridge and Lockport Caves.
This is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Lockport - Buffalo - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Niagara Falls State Park, 19.2 mi/30.9 km from the city center, and American Falls, which is 19.3 mi/31.1 km away.
Dressing for Lockport
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 18°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- Lockport gets about 40.47 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 19°F