Families will find kid-friendly activities in Medford, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, university setting, and sporting events. Top sights around the area include Harvard Square, USS Constitution Museum, and TD Garden.
- You'll find 1432 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Boston
- The closest major airport is in Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.), 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bedford, MA (BED-Laurence G. Hanscom Field), 9.4 mi (15.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Medford
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Tufts University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Medford Square and Old Ship Street Historic District.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Medford. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- AC Hotel by Marriott Boston North - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Hyatt Place Boston/Medford - Our customers like the helpful staff and WiFi at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center.
Popular places to visit in the area include Harvard Square, 3.5 mi/5.6 km from the city center, and USS Constitution Museum, which is 4.4 mi/7.1 km away.
Getting Around Medford
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from West Medford Station. Medford might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Medford
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- About 43.74 inches of rain falls on Medford each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F