Visiting Michigan City
Travelers to Michigan City give high marks for the beaches, casinos, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its zoo and restaurants.
- There are 79 hotels and other accommodations in Michigan City
- The closest major airport is in South Bend, IN (SBN-South Bend Intl.), 30.5 mi (49.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 43.5 mi (70 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Michigan City
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Lighthouse Place Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Washington Park Zoo to your agenda.
In Michigan City, you'll be able to select from 79 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bridge Inn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Blue Jay Manor - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Michigan City
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Michigan City Station. Michigan City may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Michigan City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 19°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Michigan City is 42.72 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F