Visitors to Chesterton are sure to enjoy the shopping, beaches, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffeehouses.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Chesterton
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 37.7 mi (60.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 50.9 mi (81.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chesterton
Places to visit in the larger region include Chellberg Farm, Bailly Homestead - American Indians and Fur Traders, and Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. Additionally, you'll find Indiana Dunes State Park and Valparaiso University in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Chesterton. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Riley's Railhouse - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Best Western Indian Oak - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and pool.
Dressing for Chesterton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 18°F at night
- Chesterton gets about 40.75 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F