Visiting North Syracuse
Families will find kid-friendly activities in North Syracuse, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Erie Canal Museum, Museum of Science and Technology, and Onondaga Lake Park.
- You'll find 144 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Syracuse
- The closest major airport is in Syracuse, NY (SYR-Hancock Intl.), 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in North Syracuse
A favorite place to visit in the city is Brooklawn Golf Course. In the area, you'll also find Erie Canal Museum and Museum of Science and Technology.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in North Syracuse. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse North Airport Area - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its room size and overall condition.
- Candlewood Suites - Syracuse Airport - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this aparthotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour fitness center, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to the airport.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Onondaga Lake Park, located 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city center, and Everson Museum of Art, which is 5.1 mi/8.2 km away.
Dressing for North Syracuse
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 18°F as the nighttime average
- About 38.54 inches of rain falls on North Syracuse each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F