Visitors to Porter are sure to enjoy the beaches and forests. The scenic and culturally-rich setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Porter
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 35.5 mi (57.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 48.7 mi (78.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Porter
Notable city landmarks like Bailly Homestead - American Indians and Fur Traders and Chellberg Farm might be worth a visit. You'll also find Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore and Indiana Dunes State Park in the area.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Inn & Suites - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Porter
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 18°F at night
- About 40.75 inches of rain falls on Porter each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F