Visiting St. Thomas and St. John
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in St. Thomas and St. John, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Top sights in the city include Sapphire Beach, Coki Beach, and Honeymoon Beach.
- There are 888 hotels and other accommodations in St. Thomas and St. John
- The closest major airport is in St. Thomas (SPB-St. Thomas Seaplane Base), 5.3 mi (8.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Thomas (STT-Cyril E. King), 7.4 mi (11.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St. Thomas and St. John
Cultural venues in the city include Pistarckle Theater, Mango Tango Art Gallery, and Elaine Lone Sprauve Library and Museum. Attractions like Coral World Ocean Park and Skyride to Paradise Point are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Blackbeard's Castle, Fort Christian, and Annaberg Plantation.
In St. Thomas and St. John, there are 888 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Olga's Fancy - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- St John Inn - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in St. Thomas and St. John include Sapphire Beach, Coki Beach, and Honeymoon Beach. Outside the city, top places to visit include White Bay Beach, 9.7 mi/15.5 km from the city center, and Cane Garden Bay Beach, which is 14.6 mi/23.4 km away.
Dressing for St. Thomas and St. John
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 78°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- St. Thomas and St. John gets about 39.34 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 73°F