Visitors to Torrington are sure to enjoy the live music, entertainment choices, and bars. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters. A top sight in the area is Lake Compounce.
- There are 69 hotels and other accommodations in Torrington
- The closest major airport is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 22.3 mi (35.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hartford, CT (BDL-Bradley Intl.), 24.1 mi (38.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Torrington
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Warner Theater, Morrison Gallery, and Litchfield Historical Society Museum. Attractions like Action Wildlife Foundation and Livingston Ripley Waterfowl Conservancy are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like West Cornwall Covered Bridge, Abbey of Regina Laudis, and Bull's Bridge.
In Torrington, you'll be able to select from 69 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The White Hart - This 4-star hotel features ski slopes, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Mountain View Green Retreat - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Litchfield Inn - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Lake Compounce, 15 mi/24.1 km from the city center, and Mark Twain House, which is 21.7 mi/35 km away.
Dressing for Torrington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 13°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 19°F at night
- About 49.85 inches of rain falls on Torrington each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F