Visitors to Litchfield are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, wineries, and zoo. A top sight in the area is Lake Compounce.
- You'll find 41 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Torrington
- The closest major airport is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 19.4 mi (31.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hartford, CT (HFD-Hartford - Brainard), 28.8 mi (46.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Litchfield
Favorite places to visit in the city include Livingston Ripley Waterfowl Conservancy, Litchfield Town Green, and Litchfield Historical Society Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tapping Reeve House and Law School and White Memorial Conservation Center.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- The Litchfield Inn - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Lake Compounce, located 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Litchfield
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 13°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- Litchfield gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F