Visitors can enjoy all that Sanford has to offer including the baseball games and churches. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Sanford
- The closest major airport is in Sanford, ME (SFM-Sanford Seacoast Regional), 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Portsmouth, NH (PSM-Portsmouth Intl.), 23.1 mi (37.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sanford
A favorite place to visit in the city is Pine Hollow Little Par Three Golf Course. In the area, you'll also find Hackmatack Playhouse and Merriland Farms Golf Course.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
Dressing for Sanford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 12°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 15°F
- About 51.73 inches of rain falls on Sanford each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 15°F