Families enjoy visiting Coatesville though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront, festivals, and forests. A top sight in the area is Longwood Gardens.
- You'll find 48 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Exton
- The closest major airport is in Lancaster, PA (LNS), 26.9 mi (43.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Reading, PA (RDG-Reading Regional), 28.9 mi (46.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Coatesville
A couple of favorite places to visit are National Iron and Steel Heritage Museum and Stargazers Vineyard. Additionally, you'll find Longwood Gardens in the area.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard Philadelphia Coatesville/Exton - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean rooms.
Getting Around Coatesville
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Coatesville Station. Coatesville might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Coatesville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- About 50.04 inches of rain falls on Coatesville each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F