Families will find kid-friendly activities in Northbrook, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping and bars. Around the area, top sights include Wrigley Field, Lincoln Park, and Lincoln Park Zoo.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 3.1 mi (4.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 10.7 mi (17.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Northbrook
Favorite places to visit in the city include Northbrook Sports Complex, Northbrook Village Hall, and Sportsman's Country Club. Additionally, you might want to add River Trail Nature Center to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Northbrook. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms and overall condition.
- Hilton Chicago / Northbrook - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with an in-room MP3 dock.
- Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with pillowtop beds. Expedia customers like its dining options and proximity to shopping.
Popular places to see outside the city include Wrigley Field, located 15.3 mi (24.7 km) from the city center, and Lincoln Park, which is 15.8 mi/25.5 km away.
Getting Around Northbrook
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from North Glenview Station or Northbrook Station. Northbrook may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Northbrook
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 18°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Northbrook is 37.83 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F