Visiting Dripping Springs
Couples and families enjoy visiting Dripping Springs though all visitors are sure to find plenty to see and do. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events, wineries, and riverfront. A top sight in the area is Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.
- You'll find 1354 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Austin
- The closest major airport is in Austin, TX (AUS-Austin-Bergstrom Intl.), 27.9 mi (44.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dripping Springs
The city's natural beauty is on display at Sunrise Exotic Ranch, Milton Reimers Ranch Park, and Hamilton Pool Preserve. Camping is one of the top activities, while Bell Springs Winery, Solaro Estate, and Hawk's Shadow Winery are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Deep Eddy Vodka Distillery and Bannockburn Baptist Church.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Dripping Springs. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Camp Lucy - This 4-star lodge features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Sleep Inn And Suites - Our customers like the breakfast and location at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free parking.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Dripping Springs - Austin Area - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi and room size.
Popular places to see in the area include Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, 15.9 mi/25.6 km from the city center, and Zilker Botanical Garden, which is 21.8 mi/35.1 km away.
Dressing for Dripping Springs
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 39°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 95°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- Average annual rainfall for Dripping Springs is 35.51 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 40°F