Families will find kid-friendly activities in Alameda, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Pier 39, Lombard Street, and Alcatraz Island.
- You'll find 203 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Oakland
- The closest major airport is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hayward, CA (HWD-Hayward Executive), 9.9 mi (15.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alameda
Cultural venues in the city include Alameda Museum, Altarena Playhouse, and Frank Bette Center for the Arts. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pacific Pinball Museum and USS Hornet Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Alameda. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and comfortable rooms.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Oakland/Alameda - Our customers like the breakfast and overall condition at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Coral Reef Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star aparthotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and proximity to public transit.
Popular places to visit in the area include Pier 39, 9.6 mi/15.5 km from the city center, and Lombard Street, which is 10 mi (16.1 km) away.
Dressing for Alameda
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 44°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 44°F as the nighttime average
- About 23.50 inches of rain falls on Alameda each year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 45°F