Visitors can enjoy all that Amboy has to offer including its museums. There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Portland, OR (PDX-Portland Intl.), 23.5 mi (37.8 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Amboy
Places to visit in the larger region include Cedar Creek Grist Mill, Battle Ground Lake State Park, and Woodland Motocross Park. Additionally, you'll find Lewis River Golf Course and Bethany Vineyard and Winery in the area.
As you plan your trip to Amboy, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can select from 40 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Heathman Lodge is 19.3 mi (31 km) from central Amboy. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Vancouver can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Vancouver is located 16.9 mi (27.2 km) from the heart of Amboy. This 2.5-star hotel in Salmon Creek features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Red Lion Inn & Suites Vancouver is 16.8 mi (27 km) from the center of Amboy. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Salmon Creek can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Amboy
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Amboy gets about 35.98 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 36°F