Visitors can enjoy all that Callahan has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, entertainment choices, and museums. A top sight in the area is Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens.
- You'll find 785 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jacksonville
- The closest major airport is in Jacksonville, FL (JAX-Jacksonville Intl.), 10.8 mi (17.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, FL (CRG-Jacksonville Executive at Craig), 25.3 mi (40.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Callahan
Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Bethesda Park and Florida State College North Campus.
As you plan your trip to Callahan, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 499 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Hyatt Regency Jacksonville is located 20.4 mi (32.9 km) from the heart of Callahan. This 4-star hotel in Jacksonville features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Villas of Amelia Island Plantation is 23.8 mi (38.3 km) from the center of Callahan. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Fernandina Beach can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and pool.
- Amelia Hotel at the Beach is 24.2 mi (39 km) from central Callahan. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Fernandina Beach can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art, located 20 mi (32.2 km) from the city center, and Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens, which is 20.3 mi/32.6 km away.
Dressing for Callahan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Callahan gets about 52.40 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 43°F