Families will find kid-friendly activities in Corona, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its baseball games, shopping, and museums. Top sights around the area include Floating Pool, Bloomingdale's, and Barney's.
- You'll find 1520 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New York
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 1.9 mi (3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Corona
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like New York Hall of Science and Louis Armstrong House. While baseball fans may already be searching for tickets, everyone can enjoy a game or event at Citi Field. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are William F Moore Park and Queens Zoo.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Corona. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport - This 2.5-star hotel in Queens features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Best Western Plus LaGuardia Airport Hotel Queens - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Queens can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Queens can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Floating Pool, located 4.2 mi (6.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Bloomingdale's, which is 5.9 mi (9.5 km) away.
Getting Around Corona
You can access metro transit at 111 St. Station, 103 St - Corona Plaza Station, and Junction Blvd. Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Corona
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- Corona gets about 44.76 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F