Visiting East Elmhurst
Travelers to East Elmhurst give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Welcoming and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its cafés and shopping. Top sights around the area include Floating Pool, Bloomingdale's, and Barney's.
- You'll find 1520 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New York
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 9.9 mi (15.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in East Elmhurst
A favorite place to visit in the city is Langston Hughes Community Library and Cultural Center. Additionally, in the area you'll find Floating Pool and Bloomingdale's.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in East Elmhurst. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ibis Styles New York LaGuardia Airport - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Queens can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and proximity to shopping.
- Hampton Inn New York - LaGuardia Airport - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel in Queens features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Barney's, located 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Central Park, which is 5.2 mi (8.4 km) away.
Dressing for East Elmhurst
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- About 44.76 inches of rain falls on East Elmhurst each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F