Visitors to Homestead are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's breweries, sporting events, and university setting. Around the area, top sights include Monongahela Incline, PNC Park, and Duquesne Incline.
- You'll find 272 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Pittsburgh
- The closest major airport is in Pittsburgh, PA (PIT-Pittsburgh Intl.), 19.8 mi (31.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Latrobe, PA (LBE-Arnold Palmer Regional), 27.5 mi (44.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Homestead
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and The Waterfront is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Carnegie Museum and Library and Rivers of Steel National Heritage Area Museum.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh East - Mall Area - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Top places to see in the area include Monongahela Incline, located 6 mi (9.6 km) from the city center, and PNC Park, which is 6.3 mi (10.2 km) away.
Dressing for Homestead
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 23°F as the nighttime average
- Homestead gets about 39.29 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F