Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Hounslow, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, lively bar scene, and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafés and local tours. Top sights around the area include Wembley Stadium, Natural History Museum, and Buckingham Palace.
- You'll find 6643 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of London
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 3.6 mi (5.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hounslow
A favorite place to visit in the city is Paul Robeson Theatre. Additionally, in the area you'll find Wembley Stadium and Natural History Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Hounslow. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton London Heathrow Airport Hotel - This 4-star hotel in Hillingdon features 3 restaurants, an indoor pool, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and proximity to the airport.
- DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow Airport - Our customers like the central location and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Cranford features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center.
- Imperial Guest House - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Buckingham Palace, 10 mi/16.1 km from the heart of the city, and Windsor Castle, which is 10.3 mi (16.6 km) away.
Getting Around Hounslow
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Hounslow is a breeze. You can access metro transit at Hounslow Central Underground Station, Hounslow East Underground Station, and Hounslow West Underground Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Hounslow Station, Heathrow Terminal 4 Station, or Heathrow Central Station.
Dressing for Hounslow
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Hounslow gets about 23.11 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 36°F