Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Julian, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic and tucked away setting.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Julian
- The closest major airport is in San Diego, CA (SEE-Gillespie Field), 35.6 mi (57.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field), 45.3 mi (72.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Julian
The hiking trails, mountain views, and forests highlight the city's natural beauty, and Agua Caliente County Park, Lake Cuyamaca, and William Heise County Park are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are California Wolf Center and Smith Ranch.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Julian. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Julian Gold Rush Hotel - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a library. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean rooms.
- Tucker Peak Lodge - Our customers like the quiet location and room size at this lodge. With a stay at this 2.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a game room, along with free WiFi.
- Bird Watcher Inn - This 3-star vacation home features free parking, a spa tub, and spa services. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Julian
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 30°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Julian gets about 25.67 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F