Visitors to Lakewood are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, entertainment choices, and live music. Around the area, top sights include Museum of Glass, Tacoma Dome, and Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium.
- You'll find 188 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tacoma
- The closest major airport is in Olympia, WA (OLM-Olympia Regional), 21.8 mi (35.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Seattle, WA (SEA-Seattle - Tacoma Intl.), 22.4 mi (36 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lakewood
Favorite places to visit in the city include Lakewold Gardens, Stina's Cellars, and Great American Casino. In the area, you'll also find Museum of Glass and Tacoma Dome.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Lakewood. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Tacoma Lakewood - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- Candlewood Suites Lakewood - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Holiday Inn Express Tacoma South Lakewood - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, located 10 mi (16 km) from the heart of the city, and Puyallup Fairgrounds, which is 11.1 mi (17.9 km) away.
Getting Around Lakewood
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Lakewood Station. Lakewood may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lakewood
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 43.07 inches of rain falls on Lakewood each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 37°F