Visiting Gig Harbor
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gig Harbor, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Museum of Glass, Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, and Tacoma Dome.
- You'll find 185 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tacoma
- The closest major airport is in Seattle, WA (SEA-Seattle - Tacoma Intl.), 15.3 mi (24.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Seattle, WA (BFI-Boeing Field), 19.3 mi (31.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gig Harbor
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Skansie Brothers Park, Grandview Forest Park, and Crescent Creek Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Harbor History Museum and Paradise Theatre.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Gig Harbor. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Waterfront Inn - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- The INN at Gig Harbor - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free parking, and a 24-hour fitness center. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and WiFi.
Popular places to see in the area include Museum of Glass, located 9 mi (14.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, which is 3.3 mi (5.2 km) away.
Dressing for Gig Harbor
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Gig Harbor is 40.47 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F