Visiting Universal City
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Universal City, and visitors give high marks for the theme park and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its entertainment choices, local tours, and shopping. Top sights around the area include Universal Studios Hollywood®, Warner Brothers Studio, and Hollywood Sign.
- You'll find 2644 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Burbank, CA (BUR-Bob Hope), 4 mi (6.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Van Nuys, CA (VNY), 9.5 mi (15.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Universal City
Favorite family attractions include Universal Studios Hollywood® and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Universal CityWalk is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, in the area you'll find Warner Brothers Studio and Hollywood Sign.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to public transit and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Hollywood Bowl, located 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the heart of the city, and TCL Chinese Theatre, which is 2.6 mi (4.2 km) away.
Dressing for Universal City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 71°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 41°F at night
- Universal City gets about 16.65 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 42°F