Families will find kid-friendly activities in Monrovia, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its sporting events, shopping, and live music. Citadel Outlets, Norton Simon Museum, and Rose Bowl Stadium are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2709 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Fullerton, CA (FUL-Fullerton Municipal), 18.9 mi (30.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Burbank, CA (BUR-Bob Hope), 20.4 mi (32.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Monrovia
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Monrovia Historical Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Monrovia City Hall and Recreation Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Monrovia. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Monrovia - Pasadena Area - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Oak Tree Inn - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Citadel Outlets, 12.9 mi/20.8 km from the city center, and Norton Simon Museum, which is 8.9 mi/14.4 km away.
Dressing for Monrovia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- About 0.51 inches of rain falls on Monrovia each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 50°F