Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lombard, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Brookfield Zoo, Toyota Park, and Chicago Premium Outlets.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 9.1 mi (14.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (DPA-Dupage), 12.7 mi (20.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lombard
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Yorktown Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Lilacia Park to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Lombard. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard/Oak Brook - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Sonesta ES Suites Chicago - Lombard - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Chicago Lombard - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Brookfield Zoo, 9.6 mi/15.4 km from the city center, and Toyota Park, which is 13.2 mi/21.3 km away.
Getting Around Lombard
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Lombard Station. Lombard might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Lombard
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 17°F at night
- About 36.89 inches of rain falls on Lombard each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 19°F