Families will find kid-friendly activities in Itasca, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and entertainment choices. A top sight in the area is Brookfield Zoo.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 5.8 mi (9.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Itasca
Brookfield Zoo is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Pirates Cove Childrens Theme Park and Rainbow Falls Waterpark in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Itasca. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Place Itasca - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- The Westin Chicago Northwest - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Chicago West - Itasca - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Getting Around Itasca
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Itasca Station. Itasca might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Itasca
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Itasca is 36.89 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F