Visiting Oak Brook
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Oak Brook, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Culturally-rich and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its entertainment choices, forests, and live music. Around the area, top sights include Willis Tower, Skydeck Ledge, and Wrigley Field.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 10 mi (16 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 11.4 mi (18.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oak Brook
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Oakbrook Center Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Oak Brook Golf Course and York Woods County Forest Preserve.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Oak Brook. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt House Oak Brook - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and room size.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Chicago Oak Brook - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Le Méridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center - This 4.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free parking, and a 24-hour fitness center. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Willis Tower, located 16.6 mi (26.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Skydeck Ledge, which is 16.6 mi/26.7 km away.
Dressing for Oak Brook
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 17°F at night
- Oak Brook gets about 36.89 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 19°F