Visiting Los Altos
Visitors to Los Altos are sure to enjoy the shopping, restaurants, and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its mountain views. Top sights around the area include Computer History Museum, California's Great America, and Winchester Mystery House.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Los Altos
- The closest major airport is in Palo Alto, CA (PAO-Santa Clara County), 5.7 mi (9.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Carlos, CA (SQL), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Los Altos
Favorite places to visit in the city include Foothill College, Los Altos History Museum, and Foothills Park. In the area, you'll also find Computer History Museum and California's Great America.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Los Altos. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Enchanté Boutique Hotel - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Courtyard Palo Alto Los Altos - Our customers like the pool and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Residence Inn Marriott Palo Alto Los Altos - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Winchester Mystery House, located 11.1 mi (17.8 km) from the city center, and Great Mall of the Bay Area, which is 13.6 mi/21.9 km away.
Dressing for Los Altos
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 38°F at night
- About 15.71 inches of rain falls on Los Altos each year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 39°F