Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Negril, and visitors give high marks for the seafood restaurants, beaches, and live music scene. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Seven Mile Beach, Negril Lighthouse, and Bloody Bay Beach.
- There are 240 hotels and other accommodations in Negril
- The closest major airport is in Montego Bay (MBJ-Sir Donald Sangster Intl.), 29.2 mi (47.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Negril
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Seven Mile Beach, Bloody Bay Beach, and Bloody Bay. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Negril Lighthouse and Negril Hills Golf Club.
In Negril, you'll find 240 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Tensing Pen Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in West End can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Xtabi Resort - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in West End features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Seastar Inn - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in West End can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Top places to visit in the area include Rocklands Bird Sanctuary, 25.5 mi/41 km from the city center, and Montego Bay Cruise Ship Terminal, which is 26.6 mi/42.9 km away.
Dressing for Negril
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 67°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 68°F as the nighttime average
- Negril gets about 50.87 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 67°F