Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Oranjestad, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and casinos. Top sights in the city include Royal Plaza Mall, Eagle Beach, and Renaissance Mall Aruba.
- There are 324 hotels and other accommodations in Oranjestad
- The closest major airport is in Oranjestad (AUA-Queen Beatrix Intl.), 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Oranjestad
Cultural venues in the city include National Archaeological Museum Aruba, Numismatic Museum of Aruba, and Cas di Cultura Theatre and Cultural Center. The city is notable for landmarks like Fort Zoutman, Oranjestad Protestant Church, and San Francisco Church. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Eagle Beach, Manchebo Beach, and Druif Beach.
In Oranjestad, there are 324 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort - Adults Only - This 4-star resort features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms at this resort. This 4-star resort features a marina, 3 outdoor pools, and a full-service spa.
- MVC Eagle Beach - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and overall value.
Other favorite sights in Oranjestad include Royal Plaza Mall, Renaissance Mall Aruba, and Aruba Town Hall. Popular places to visit around the area include Alto Vista Chapel, located 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center, and Bushiribana Gold Smelter Ruins, which is 4.7 mi (7.6 km) away.
Dressing for Oranjestad
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 76°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 78°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 79°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 76°F as the nighttime average
- About 43.59 inches of rain falls on Oranjestad each year
- October and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 76°F