Visitors to Pontiac are sure to enjoy the live music, shopping, and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters. A top sight in the area is Detroit Zoo.
- You'll find 355 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Detroit
- The closest major airport is in Pontiac, MI (PTK-Oakland County Intl.), 7.3 mi (11.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Detroit, MI (DET-Coleman A. Young Municipal), 22 mi (35.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pontiac
Detroit Zoo is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Chrysler LLC Headquarters and Waterford Oaks Waterpark.
This is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
Getting Around Pontiac
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Pontiac Transportation Center. Pontiac might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Pontiac
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Average annual rainfall for Pontiac is 31.85 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°F