Visiting Lake Orion
Visitors to Lake Orion are sure to enjoy the live music, theaters, and entertainment choices. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its lakeside setting, shopping, and restaurants. Top sights in the area include GM Renaissance Center, Ford Field, and Fox Theatre.
- You'll find 355 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Detroit
- The closest major airport is in Pontiac, MI (PTK-Oakland County Intl.), 10.2 mi (16.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Detroit, MI (DET-Coleman A. Young Municipal), 27.3 mi (44 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Orion
Places to visit in the larger region include SEA LIFE Michigan Aquarium, Great Lakes Crossing Outlets, and DTE Energy Music Theatre. You'll also find Pine Knob Ski Resort and Oakland University in the area.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Lake Orion/Auburn Hills - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for Lake Orion
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Lake Orion gets about 31.85 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°F