Visiting Auburn Hills
Travelers to Auburn Hills give high marks for the live music scene, popular theater scene, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its basketball games, entertainment choices, and local tours. A top sight in the area is Detroit Zoo.
- You'll find 355 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Detroit
- The closest major airport is in Pontiac, MI (PTK-Oakland County Intl.), 9.2 mi (14.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Detroit, MI (DET-Coleman A. Young Municipal), 22.2 mi (35.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Auburn Hills
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Great Lakes Crossing Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Chrysler LLC Headquarters and Oakland University.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Auburn Hills. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites Detroit Auburn Hills - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Detroit/Auburn Hills-North - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Auburn Hills - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
A popular place to see outside the city is Detroit Zoo, 14.6 mi/23.5 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Auburn Hills
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 17°F at night
- About 31.85 inches of rain falls on Auburn Hills each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 16°F