Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Birmingham, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses and art. Around the area, top sights include Detroit Zoo, Motown Historical Museum, and Detroit Institute of Arts.
- You'll find 355 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Detroit
- The closest major airport is in Pontiac, MI (PTK-Oakland County Intl.), 13.6 mi (21.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Detroit, MI (DET-Coleman A. Young Municipal), 14.3 mi (23.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Birmingham
Detroit Zoo, Motown Historical Museum, and Detroit Institute of Arts are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Charles H. Wright Museum of African-American History and Comerica Park.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Townsend Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and walkable location.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Fox Theatre, 16.5 mi/26.6 km from the city center, and Ford Field, which is 16.7 mi/26.8 km away.
Dressing for Birmingham
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- About 31.85 inches of rain falls on Birmingham each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°F