Visiting Shelby Township
Families enjoy visiting Shelby Township though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's basketball games, shopping, and restaurants. A top sight in the area is Detroit Zoo.
- You'll find 355 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Detroit
- The closest major airport is in Detroit, MI (DET-Coleman A. Young Municipal), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Pontiac, MI (PTK-Oakland County Intl.), 20.1 mi (32.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shelby Township
Detroit Zoo is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Lakeside Mall and Freedom Hill Amphitheatre in the area.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
Dressing for Shelby Township
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Average annual rainfall for Shelby Township is 31.85 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°F