Travelers to Raymond will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights in the area include Wadsworth-Longfellow House, Children's Museum of Maine, and Portland Museum of Art.
- You'll find 425 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Portland
- The closest major airport is in Auburn, ME (LEW-Auburn - Lewiston Municipal), 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Portland, ME (PWM-Portland Intl. Jetport), 20.9 mi (33.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Raymond
Places to visit in the larger region include Sebago Lake State Park, St Josephs College, and Sebago Lake. In the area, you'll also find Long Beach Marina and Shaw Park.
As you start planning your visit to Raymond, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 42 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Modern, Luxury Lakefront Home on Crescent Lake, Maine is 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from central Raymond. This 2-star hotel in South Portland features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and proximity to the airport.
- Raymond Retreat Brand New Luxury Lake House on Panther Pond is 2.1 mi (3.3 km) from the center of Raymond. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in South Portland can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and proximity to the airport.
- Fall Foliage Get-away / Beautiful Lake House Retreat is located 1.2 mi (2 km) from the heart of Raymond. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Portland can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and quiet rooms.
Dressing for Raymond
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 46°F during the day and 7°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 11°F
- Raymond gets about 45.04 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 10°F