Visiting Seawall Boulevard
History buffs will enjoy exploring Seawall Boulevard, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its festivals. Top sights in the city include Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier, Galveston Seawall, and Seawall Beach.
- There are 69 hotels and other accommodations in Seawall Boulevard
- The closest major airport is in Houston, TX (EFD-Ellington Field), 31.3 mi (50.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Houston, TX (HOU-William P. Hobby), 38.2 mi (61.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Seawall Boulevard
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Galveston Seawall, Galveston Fishing Pier, and Fort Crockett. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Seawall Beach, Stewart Beach Park, and Porretto Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier and Galveston Island Convention Center.
In Seawall Boulevard, you'll find 69 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West-Seawall - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Four Points by Sheraton Galveston - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Top places to visit in the area include Moody Gardens, located 2 mi (3.3 km) from the city center, and Galveston Schlitterbahn Waterpark, which is 2.1 mi/3.5 km away.
Dressing for Seawall Boulevard
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 60°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- Seawall Boulevard gets about 50.76 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 50°F