Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sikeston, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its riverfront and university setting. Top sights in the city include Isle Casino Cape Girardeau and Shawnee National Forest.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Sikeston
- The closest major airport is in Cairo, IL (CIR-Cairo Regional), 23.8 mi (38.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cape Girardeau, MO (CGI-Cape Girardeau Municipal), 24.2 mi (38.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sikeston
The city's cultural venues include Sikeston Depot Museum and Dexter Welcome Center Depot and Museum. Families come for attractions such as Cape Splash Family Aquatic Center, Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center, and Lazy L Safari Park. Notable city landmarks like The Heritage House and Keller Veteran Memorial might be worth a visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Sikeston. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Cape Girardeau I 55 East - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean, comfortable rooms and room size.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cape Girardeau I-55 - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Drury Inn & Suites Cape Girardeau - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Sikeston include Isle Casino Cape Girardeau and Shawnee National Forest.
Dressing for Sikeston
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 27°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- Sikeston gets about 49.33 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 30°F