Visiting Smiths Falls
Visitors to Smiths Falls are sure to enjoy the waterfalls and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums.
- There are 41 hotels and other accommodations in Smiths Falls
- The closest major airport is in Ogdensburg, NY (OGS-Ogdensburg Intl.), 30.5 mi (49.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ottawa, ON (YOW-Macdonald-Cartier Intl.), 34 mi (54.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Smiths Falls
Cultural venues in the city include Brockville Arts Centre, Railway Museum of Eastern Ontario, and Studio Theatre Perth. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Fort Wellington National Historic Site, Jones Falls Defensible Lockmaster's House, and Smiths Falls Bascule Bridge. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and these places to visit: Stewart Park, Conlon Farm, and Iroquois Beach.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Smiths Falls. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- 1840 Guest House B&B Merrickville - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and proximity to shopping.
- Perth Manor Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Merrickville Guest Suites - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Canadian Tire Centre, located 27.8 mi (44.8 km) from the city center, and Tanger Outlets, which is 28 mi/45 km away.
Getting Around Smiths Falls
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Smiths Falls Station or Brockville Station. Smiths Falls might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Smiths Falls
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 3°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 9°F
- About 1.26 inches of rain falls on Smiths Falls each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 8°F