Find Hotels in Wallkill, NY
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Aug 26, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Those traveling to Wallkill are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 135 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Newburgh, NY (SWF-Stewart Intl.), 8.9 mi (14.4 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Wallkill
Places to visit in the larger region include Whitecliff Vineyard, Orange County Farmers Museum, and DM Weil Gallery. You'll also find Brimstone Hill Winery and Adair Vineyards in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Wallkill, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 22 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Americas Best Value Inn-New Paltz is located 11.1 mi (17.9 km) from the heart of Wallkill. This 2-star motel in New Paltz features free WiFi, free parking, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and WiFi.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Newburgh WestPoint/Stewart Intl Airport is 9.6 mi (15.5 km) from the center of Wallkill. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in New Windsor can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Middletown is 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from central Wallkill. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Middletown can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Wallkill
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 18°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Wallkill is 44.65 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°F