Visiting Amelia Island
History buffs will enjoy exploring Amelia Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, pristine golf courses, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Around the area, top sights include Big Talbot Island State Park, Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay, and Jacksonville Cruise Terminal.
- There are 624 hotels and other accommodations in Amelia Island
- The closest major airport is in Jacksonville, FL (JAX-Jacksonville Intl.), 16.4 mi (26.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, FL (CRG-Jacksonville Executive at Craig), 20 mi (32.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amelia Island
Cultural venues in the city include Fernandina Little Theatre, Amelia Island Museum of History, and Amelia Community Theatre. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Fernandina Beach Historic District, Fort Clinch State Park, and Amelia Island Lighthouse. The beaches and sunrises highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including American Beach, Fernandina Beach Main Beach Park, and Peters Point Beach Front Park.
In Amelia Island, you'll find 624 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Addison on Amelia Island - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Amelia Schoolhouse Inn - Our customers like the bar and beach locale at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hoyt House Bed & Breakfast Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Big Talbot Island State Park, located 9.8 mi (15.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay, which is 13.4 mi (21.6 km) away.
Dressing for Amelia Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 44°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Amelia Island gets about 48.90 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 46°F