Families will find kid-friendly activities in Braintree, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and vibrant, this city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Boston Museum of Fine Arts, Copley Place, and Boston Common are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1429 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Boston
- The closest major airport is in Norwood, MA (OWD-Norwood Memorial), 9 mi (14.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.), 11.2 mi (18.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Braintree
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and South Shore Plaza is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are General Sylvanus Thayer Birthplace and F1 Boston.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Braintree. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Braintree - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms and overall condition.
- Hampton Inn Boston/Braintree - Our customers like the convenient parking and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Popular places to visit around the area include Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, 10.2 mi/16.4 km from the city center, and Boston Museum of Fine Arts, which is 10.4 mi (16.8 km) away.
Getting Around Braintree
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Braintree Station or Weymouth Landing - East Braintree Station. Braintree might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Braintree
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- About 51.22 inches of rain falls on Braintree each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F