Families will find kid-friendly activities in Quincy, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping and riverfront. Top sights around the area include Boston Museum of Fine Arts, Copley Place, and Boston Common.
- You'll find 1432 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Boston
- The closest major airport is in Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.), 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Norwood, MA (OWD-Norwood Memorial), 10 mi (16.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Quincy
The city's cultural venues include Quincy Historical Society Museum and US Naval Shipbuilding Museum and USS Salem. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are United First Parish Church and Dorothy Quincy Homestead.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Quincy. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Boston Marriott Quincy - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Howard Johnson by Wyndham Quincy/Boston - Our customers like the WiFi and proximity to public transit at this motel. This 2-star motel in Wollaston features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Best Western Adams Inn Quincy-Boston - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Top places to visit outside the city include Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, 7 mi/11.2 km from the heart of the city, and Boston Museum of Fine Arts, which is 7.6 mi/12.3 km away.
Getting Around Quincy
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Quincy is a breeze. You can take advantage of metro transit at Quincy Adams Station, Wollaston Station, and North Quincy Station. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Quincy Center Station.
Dressing for Quincy
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Quincy gets about 43.74 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F