Visiting Carmel Valley
Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Carmel Valley, which is also known for its wineries and seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, golf courses, and aquarium. Top sights around the area include Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Bixby Bridge, and Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park.
- You'll find 440 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Monterey
- The closest major airport is in Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal), 18.5 mi (29.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carmel Valley
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Hastings Natural History Reservation, Carmel Valley Community Park, and Garland Ranch Regional Park. Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Galante Vineyards, Bernardus Winery Tasting Room, and Boekenoogen Winery Tasting Room are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Joullian Vineyards and Chock Rock Vineyard Tasting Room.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Carmel Valley. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bernardus Lodge & Spa - This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Hidden Valley Inn - Our customers like the clean rooms and walkable location at this B&B. This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Blue Sky Lodge - This 2-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a spa tub. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Fisherman's Wharf, located 20.3 mi (32.7 km) from the city center, and Monterey Bay Aquarium, which is 21.3 mi/34.3 km away.
Dressing for Carmel Valley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 39°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 38°F at night
- About 18.78 inches of rain falls on Carmel Valley each year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 39°F